Indicators of Achieving the Competencies of Graduates and the Quality of Mass Higher Education
The methodology for forming competencies is based on the identification of indicators for achieving each competency and the distribution of all indicators according to the elements of educational programs. It will allow to increase the effectiveness of each element in the formation of professional competence of graduates.
- Monitoring of Russian educational programs for bachelors and masters regarding the formation of competencies of graduates;
- Drawing up the list of indicators for achievement of each competence;
- Definition of the descriptors for each indicator;
- Distribution of competency indicators and descriptors by the elements of the educational program.
1) Based on the analysis of domestic and foreign documents there were proposed the lists of indicators for the achievement of universal competencies. For ensuring continuity of educational programs of different levels it is provided the development of each indicator from bachelor to master;
2) professional-level descriptors are proposed for each competency indicators. Using the example of educational programs in Sociology, it is shown an approximate distribution of indicators for the achievement of universal competencies;
3) there are given the examples for achieving bachelor and master degree competencies in Sociology with labor market requirements.
The proposed lists of indicators for achieving competencies are planned to be introduced into the educational programs of Russian universities after the stage of discussion. For mass use in Russian universities the main criteria are: clarity in the wording of indicators; verifiability of indicators; completeness of the lists of indicators for each competence; the development of each indicator from a bachelor to a master.